Tin Buick- antique store find

Buick tin toy

I found this 1950 Buick replica tinplate car at a local antique shop this week (parked right next to about 5 Hemmings diecast piggy banks). No markings on the underside indicating who made it, but it is probably Japanese, judging from the quality of manufacture.

The car is roughly 1/18th, scale about 11 inches long. The details are pretty nice as you can see in the pictures. Ventiports on the hood, taillight assemblies, front grille and hood ornament look very accurate for the period. The white paint has an off-blue tint to it and the pink roof matches the bench seat interior. I would be interested if someone could identify the maker of this car. I have seen similar Buicks online but none where the manufacturer was indicated. Someone told me it was model MF322 but not who made it.  I am not into tin models this large. I have some smaller windups, Marx, Lupor and Technofix; but am not familiar with the Japanese tin car manufacturers.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий